Junior Fair Board
Interested in becoming a Junior Fair Board member?
Contact Laura Anderson at (570) 335-3150 or Amber Hoke 315-939-3563
2019 Junior Fair Board:
- Be between the ages of 15 to college age as of June 1 of the current year.
- Be willing to promote the fair in a positive manner.
- Be able to fulfill a one-year term as a Junior Fair Board Member.
- Complete the Junior Fair Board application.
- Abide by the rules and responsibilities set forth by the Wyoming County Fair Board.
- Attend work-bees at the Fairgrounds and help with other events.
- Attend one (1) Fair Board meeting each year.
- Attend a minimum of six (6) Junior Fair Board meetings each year.
- Work a set amount of hours during the Fair.
- Take responsibility for planning and conducting your committee.
- Search for ways to improve Junior Fair Board activities.
- Promote the Fair as a positive educational opportunity for youth.
- Always have a professional attitude when handling Fair guests, Senior Fair Board members, and Staff.
- Keep records of Junior Fair Board meetings and activities.
- Support the decisions, policies, and activities of the Junior Fair Board and Senior Fair Board.
- Work in the Fair office during fair week, shadow and help Fair Directors with their duties.
- Provide golf cart shuttle on Senior Citizen's days.
- Help with preparations in other Fair Departments as needed.
- Deliver water to all the artists on the Free Stage and make sure they are greeted and taken care of.
- Work with members of the Fair Board and know where and when to get help when needed.
- Use appropriate dress, behavior, and language when representing the Fair.
- Show responsibility and leadership skills.
- Have a willingness to promote the Fair.
- Use good judgement when making decisions.
Benefits to Members:
- Learn how the Fair actually works.
- Opportunity for youth service work.
- Participate in the decision making process for the Fair.
- Learn time management.
- Develop leadership and goal setting.
- Accomplish goals and strengthen work ethic.
- Learn to plan, prepare, cooperate, and carry out ideas.
- Strengthen communications skills.
- Have a "voice" and "ownership" in the Wyoming County Fair.
Click on image to enlarge.