Chairperson: Megan Karhnak 570-903-7959
- All sheep must be checked in Tuesday before the Fair between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM, and must be taken out Monday, Labor Day, AFTER 6:00 PM. Pens will be assigned.
- A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued after May 1 of the current year is required for PA sheep. Out of state sheep must have a CVI within 60 days prior to the opening date of the Fair. Out of State CVIs shall also include a statement verifying that “all animals identified on this certificate of veterinary inspection have been examined and found to be free of Vesicular Stomatitis (VS). During the past 90 days, these animals have neither been exposed to VS nor located within a 10 mile radius of a site where VS has been diagnosed.” On both PA and Out of State CVIs, all animals must be identified individually.
- All animals must be free of infectious and contagious diseases and must be written on CVI. Any animal showing clinical signs of contagious, infectious, or external diseases including foot rot and sore mouth will not be permitted to show and will be asked to leave the grounds.
- Individual official animal identification is required. Official ID includes one of the following:
- An official USDA scrapie ear tag. Contact the USDA at 1-866-873-2824
- An ISO-compliant 15-digit ear tag (including RFID)
- A USDA-approved custom scrapie ear tag
- A USDA-approved scrapie tattoo with individual animal ID (tattoo)
- A current rabies vaccination administered by a licensed veterinarian is required for animals 3 months of age and older (market sheep are exempt from this vaccination requirement). All vaccine label directions must be followed, and all rabies vaccinated sheep must be accompanied by a rabies vaccination certificate of the vaccination information must be included on the CVI. If a rabies vaccination certificate is provided, the certificate must contain legible name and contact information of the veterinarian who administered the vaccine and the veterinarian’s signature. A copy of the rabies vaccination certificate is acceptable.
- Entry fee is $3.00 per animal and must accompany the entry form. Each exhibitor is limited to two (2) entries per class for any one breed. Entries close August 8th.
- Premiums: A minimum of six (6) animals per breed/section entered will qualify for 100% of the listed premiums. Less than 6 animals per breed/section will be 50% of listed premiums.
- The Wyoming County Community Fair and their members will not be responsible for any accident of any kind or nature that may occur to any animal, person or property. The exhibitors and spectators shall hold them harmless and indemnify them against any legal proceeding arising from any accident and/or damage. By submitting entries to the Wyoming County Community Fair you agree to abide by these rules as well as any rules posted before or during the Fair.