Interested in being the Wine Department Chairperson?
Please contact Amanda Landsiedel at email@example.com for more information.
- Wine entered into the competition must be home produced.
- All wine entries must be in 750ml bottles sealed with corks, screw caps or sparkling wine closure devices.
- All entries will consist of 1 bottle (per entry).
- All entries should be free on any labels or markings.
- All entrants must pre-register by mail at the following address by August 8th: Wyoming County Fair, PO Box 38, Tunkhannock, PA 18657
- Judging will take place on Tuesday evening before the Fair at the Fairgrounds.
- Judging will be based on aroma, appearance, bouquet, taste, texture, aftertaste and overall impression. An entry must score a minimum of 9 points by the Judges to be awarded a ribbon.
- A wine entered as a varietal must contain at least 75% of the varietal it is named for.
- Wines with less than 75% of any one grape must be entered as a blend.
- For classes 1-5 all of the wines entered must be made from grapes only. Wines made from anything other than grapes or grapes blended with any other fruit must be entered in one of the fruit wine classes or the “Other Wines” class. They may also be entered as Sparkling Wine or Dessert wine if appropriate. The judging committee reserves the right to reclassify any entry that it feels has been entered in the wrong category.
- Wines made from something other than fruits (i.e. Dandelion, Rhubarb, Pumpkin, etc.) must be entered in the “Other Wines” class.
- The name of the wine must be on the entry form in addition to the class name for the classes where “specify” appears below.
- There may only be one entry per person, per class.
SECTION 1 – HOMEMADE WINE
Premiums: $10 $7 $5
Premiums: $10 $7 $5
1. White – Varietal (specify)
2. White – Blend
3. Red – Varietal (specify)
4. Red – Blend
6. Dessert Wine (specify)
7. Sparkling Wine
8. Apple or Pear Wine (specify)
9. Stone Fruits (specify)
10. Berry Fruits (specify)
11. Other Wines (specify)