Chairperson: Sal Baldo 570-903-4663
Friday, September 2, 2016 - 8:00 PM
Entry Fee - $25.00
Entry Fee - $25.00
The Demolition Derby is designed as an unusual spectator attraction. Every entrant is subject to the following rules and regulations in the interest of safety and equal competition. Total responsibility for inspection of car and rule compliance is by the owner/driver.
- DRIVER ENTRY: Entrants in the derby are not employees of the Wyoming County Community Fair, but are independent contractors and assume all related responsibilities. Drivers must be 18 years old or 16 years old with signed consent from a parent or legal guardian. All drivers must have a valid driver's license. All drivers must supply their own car and set it up according to the rules. Entry is limited to one (1) car per event. Drivers must wear a helmet and some form of eye protection. Helmets must be SNELL 2000 specifications or later. Drivers must wear a safety belt.
- CONDUCT: Any driver or crew member not obeying the rules will be disqualified. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew members.
- ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES: ARE PROHIBITIED ON THE FAIRGROUNDS. Violation by any crew member means disqualification of the car and removal from the grounds.
- PIT AREA: A maximum speed limit of 5 MPH must be obeyed at all times in the pit area, parking lot and driveway.
- SAFETY & CAR SPECIFICATIONS: Undetected or unobserved items escaping detection during inspection does not make them legal. Any exception to the rules will be called illegal. If it is not in the rules it does not mean you can do it. American made stock hard top automobiles and station wagons are allowed, no four wheel drives will be allowed.
- HOOD: Must have stock hood with a hole cut over the carburetor in case of fire and be tied down after inspection with wire. Do not use chain!
- EXHAUST: May use stacks or if using under car it should be cut off at least twelve (12) inches behind driver’s seat and be bent out towards the side of the vehicle.
- FANS: All belt driven stock fan blades are to be removed, you may use an electric fan with plastic or nylon blades only.
- ANTIFREEZE: Must be removed and can be replaced with water. If not removed car will be disqualified.
- BRAKES: Must be in working order for safety purposes on the track. (DRIVERS RESPONSIBILITY)
- TRANSMISSION COOLERS: May be moved to the rear seat are and must be totally enclosed including the lines. No fans due to fire hazard.
- GAS TANKS: Stock tanks are to be removed from the car and a marine style or equivalent fuel cell, five gallon maximum. Gas tanks must be positioned in front of the rear axle and shall be installed in the rear passenger compartment, fastened down securely and covered with a fire shield which can open for inspection. All electric fuel pumps require a separate power switch within the driver’s reach. Switch must be labeled “fuel pump shutoff”. Homemade fuel cells must be: 1. Sturdy 2. Securely mounted 3. Entirely leak proof or you cannot run. Fuel lines must be metal passing through the firewall and in the passenger compartment extending past the driver’s seat and be covered inside of the vehicle. Short length of fuel hose connecting tank line is okay.
- BATTERIES: Are to be mounted solidly to car floor in the front passenger’s compartment with a rubber or plastic shield covering it.
- SHIFTERS: May convert to floor.
- STEERING: Rag joints or knuckles may be upgraded to a u-joint setup. Column and remaining components must be stock.
- TIRES & WHEELS: Tires are limited to automobile and light truck, nothing heavier. No industrial or farm tires allowed! No foam filling, or loading of tires is allowed. Remove all wheel weights. No lock ring style rims and no valve stem protectors may be welded on.
- BODY & INTERIOR: All glass, chrome trim, locks and anything else that might become embedded in the track must be removed including car interior, trunk pad and carpet. Driver’s door panel should be left in for safety of the driver; projecting latches, handles, etc. inside the driver’s door must be removed. Remove brittle metal and fiberglass pieces front and back. A flash guard of some type MUST be installed covering the car firewall where large holes are produced after taking heats and etc. out. Use light tin or some type of nonflammable material.
- NO REINFORCEMENT: Reinforcement will not be allowed except as stated. Trailer hitches are to be removed.
- DOORS: Must be welded and/or tied securely with cable or chain. Exterior door seams may be welded. Interior front door vertical seams may be welded. You are allowed to use flat steel over the seams up to 1/8” thickness and 3” wide. If the driver’s door comes open the car is disqualified.
- TRUNKS: Must use wire/chain, after inspection, to keep closed. NO tuck, wedge or canoeing. Keep original shape.
- FRAMES: No tilting frames or pre-bending. No welding on frame. You may notch or dimple frame, notch must not be welded together. No undercoating or painting frames.
- BODY MOUNTS: Only for an extra 1/2” maximum body to frame bolts with washers that are free floating maximum size of 3/16” by 5” diameter. All original mounts must use original hardware and spacers.
- ENGINE: Swaps between manufacturers are allowed, mount welding allowed. NO EXTRAS, no cradles, no protectors are allowed anywhere.
- REARS: Swaps between manufacturers allowed, must be car rated and nothing heavier.
- BODY: Wheel wells may be trimmed for clearance re-attachment must be NO stronger than factory. No seam welding.
- SUSPENSION: No modifications or conversions. Suspension may be stiffened or locked for height adjustment. Two (2) clamps per side 2”wide, 3/16” thick, two (2) 3/8” bolts allowed.
- BUMPERS: Maximum height is 20 inches from the ground to the bottom of the bumper. Bumper skins may be welded to stock mount brackets and shock brackets welded to prevent collapse and brackets welded to frame. Bumpers may be welded to frame ends, but all brackets must be removed. NO plating. Cars without bumpers must have NO projecting mounts or frame projections. Bumpers must be removed. Bumper bracket and mount welding may not run over 4” behind the radiator mount.
- WINDSHIELD: Is to be removed, you can cover with a wire screen securely fastened. You must install at least two safety straps from the body are behind the hood no more than 4” below the windshield line to the roof of the car to keep the hood from coming backwards through the windshield area. Use flat or round stock (no angle iron). Do not use hardened steel.
- NO EXTRA ANYTHING ALLOWED, if it is not listed it must be factory STOCK.
- NO PASSENGERS ALLOWED.
- Any situation that arises, the promoters have the power to add or change as required.
- All entries must be there by 6:00 pm for inspection.