Queen Coordinator: Laura Anderson 570-335-3150 or email@example.com
Each Contestant must:
Each Contestant must:
- Be born a female who is a U.S. Citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania.
- Be at least 16 years old and not over 20 years old on June 1st.
- Have her parent’s/guardian's consent if under 18 years old.
- Be single, never married, have no children and must not marry nor get pregnant during her reign.
- Not be a former winner of the Wyoming County Fair Queen title or the winner of the Queen title at any other Fair that is a member of the Pennsylvania Association of County Fairs.
- Complete the biographical information sheet and mail it to Laura Anderson, 108 Billings Mill Road, Tunkhannock, PA 18657.
- Submit a written essay, of 300 words or less, by date of competition, see schedule in front of this book. The theme of the essay will be “Why our Fair is Important to the Community”.
- Participate in each phase of the judged competition.
- The Wyoming County Fair Queen program observes and complies with all rules and regulations set forth by the PA State Fair Queen Program.
- Judged on poise, appearance, neatness, ability to communicate and knowledge of the Fair industry.
- Be present at the time and date of the competition, see schedule in front of this book, and must:
- Appear when initially introduced.
- Sit and converse with the judges for approximately 6 minutes. The topics of discussion will be chosen from those listed on the biographical information sheet.
- Present a 3-5 minute speech on “Why You Should Come to My Fair”.
- Be in attendance for the crowning of the Queen at the conclusion of the speeches.
- The Queen’s reign will begin when she is crowned at this year’s Wyoming County Fair Queen Competition and will run until her successor is crowned at the following year’s Wyoming County Fair Queen Contest.
- Each entrant who completes the competition will receive an individual gift.
- The winner will receive a $500 cash award. 1st Alternate - $250. 2nd Alternate - $125.
- The newly crowned Queen is expected to be visible during the Fair and make appearances and present awards as requested both during the Fair and throughout the year.
- It is expected that the winner will compete in the State Queen contest during the Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs Convention held in Hershey, PA in January.
- The registration fee (including appropriate banquet and lunches) and lodging will be provided for the Queen and her parents or adult guardian at the PSACF Convention at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center.